Friday, January 15, 2010

Looking cute with wigs!!

So, this past...year to a year 1/2(...??) I've been really, REALLY interested in ANYTHING that's Asian cute(more than I ever have), such as Sanrio(well, I've liked Sanrio ever since I was in 3rd or 4th grade...), San-X(Rilakkuma, Mamegoma, etc.), as well as looking cutesy in pics, or trends such as circle lenses, deco-den, etc. Now, another interest of mine involving Asian-y cuteness is....WIGS!! I got into them a little bit a few months ago, and the interest resurfaced, so now I'm really considering on buying one!! I don't know which one to buy because they're all so darn cute!!

Now I know people in the US think that wearing a wig for fashion purposes is beyond weird(wigs are usually associated with premature hair loss or some kind of serious disease), but I like them!! I have the worst hair: thin and FLAT. I can't style my hair if my life depended on it because I don't have the time and I especially don't have the patience for it(and I'm a pretty patient person for the most part), so my daily school hairstyle is usually(and I mean ALMOST ALWAYS) just straightened, no volume or anything. It's so...BLAH. I hate it because I might have a cute outfit on and my make looks great, but my hair is just so dull. I don't really have any layers in my hair and it's growing longer, meaning it's emphasizing the boringness of it all. I know that I could go get it cut, but I don't know what style I want and I'm not really keen on going to hairstylists....I don't really know why...

I'm not sure whether or not I'd wear a wig to school, unless it matched my hair color, but I would definitely wear them out(the same goes for circle lenses: I won't wear them to school, but I'd wear them out or for pics)!! Whether I'm going shopping, partying(which I don't do a whole lot of... DX), or clubbing(which I haven't done in a long time), I would totally wear a wig. Mostly because if I wore a wig a different color or length than my natural hair at school, everyone in my classes(smaller classes at least) would know and it would just be too obvious. But wearing them out while shopping or whatever, you're probably never going to see those people ever again, so it doesn't matter.

Today, I've been looking through some different wig sites, most of them are Korean, at least right now, and I'm seriously drooling over how super CUTE these wigs look!! Of course, the models are mega adorable too!! I just wish these sites would have services in English as well. I'm sure there are plenty of Westerners(like me!!) who would really want to buy one. Well...I guess I should look at some Western sites for similar styles, but they're more expensive. I just found a site that sells Korean wigs for English speakers and the wigs are $50 each. DDDD: Well, they said on the page that most wigs like the ones they sell are over $100, so I guess it's a pretty good deal...

Anyways, here are some of my faves:
Gabal Story:









From Pinkage:


OOOO SOOO CUTE!! I really want some wigs!! 8D

1 comment: